Established in 1902, Edgar A. Weber & Company started as a catalogue and door-to door sales company for flavoring extracts and fragrances. Fragrances are no longer part of our business, neither are catalogue or door-to-door consumer sales. We are now a leader in the industry for Natural Flavors, prime extractors of Pure Vanilla, and are renowned in the Dairy Industry as a manufacturer of blended cocoa powders for Chocolate Milk.
In 1982, Petran® Products Corporation (originally located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin), was purchased by E.A. Weber & Company from National Food Ingredient Company (a Division of National Can Corporation). Our product line expanded to include Pure Vanilla Extracts and other vanilla products as well as blended chocolate powders for the manufacture of Chocolate Milk.
In 1997, Ho Maid Products (originally located in West Allis, Wisconsin) was purchased and included in E.A. Weber & Company’s product line. Once again, our product line expanded to include Variegate/Waves, Purees and Bases for the ice cream industry.
At this time, E.A. Weber & Company became known throughout the industry as Weber Flavors, manufacturers of Simply Natural® Flavors, Simply Natural-Like® Flavors and Hy Van™ Pure Vanilla Extracts. We are suppliers to these food industries: Bakery, Dairy, Beverage and Candy.
After four relocation moves between the 1950’s and 1988 into progressively larger facilities, we have settled into our custom-built facility in Wheeling, Illinois. But the need for expansion hasn’t stopped. Within a decade, the plans for increased space were generated and completed. Increased production space, expanded R&D and Q.C. laboratories and applications lab were all added on to our facility during this time.
Thanks to the continued interest and loyalty in the products we offer the food industry, Weber Flavors has continued to grow.